Support Theta by Becoming
a Life Loyal Member
The DC Theta chapter relies on dues for programming, so please log in to Theta Portal and pay your alumnae chapter dues!
New Membership Structure
- We are excited to announce that the DC Theta Chapter is moving to a calendar dues year! Dues will run from Jan.1-Dec. 31.
- Due to Headquarters raising their per capita dues, our dues are increasing from $55 per year to $60 per year.
If you pay your 2020 dues by the end of 2019, you’ll get the $55 rate!
2020 dues-paying members get a $5 discount to Founder's Day!
New Online Payment SystemEarlier this year, Headquarters moved to a new platform—Chapterspot. We know the transition hasn't been seamless so if you haven't paid your dues due to technical glitches, you can now because things are up and running.
- Head to www.kappaalphatheta.org, look to the top-right side of the home page and select Member Login. Once you do, you see a page that says, “Welcome to Theta Portal.” The first time you visit, click “Claim Your Account” and enter some basic information. After you do this process once, you can select “Login with FSID” for future logins.
- Once you are logged in, you will see your Theta Portal dashboard. If you’re a member of an alumnae chapter, you have even more Theta Portal access and tools. At the top-right of the dashboard page, click the Select Chapter dashboard. You can select your alumnae chapter from the dropdown and see the chapter’s calendar of events, update your profile, pay your dues, and register for events.
- If you have general alumnae questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have Theta Portal questions, email email@example.com for assistance.
How Much Are Dues?
- $60 - Golden Kite Member (General membership)
- $45 - Bettie’s Best (50-Year-Theta)
- $45 - Pansy Member (Graduate Student)
- $45 - Twin Star (Graduated within last year)
- Life Loyal Members: Subtract $31 from above
What Do My Dues Support?
- December’s Holiday Party ($5 for non-members)
- Events with Georgetown, GW and UMD Theta Chapters
- Supplies for Service Events
- Donations to philanthropies, including Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation
- Alumnae Panhellenic Association dues and scholarship fund donation
- Yearly Newsletter
- Website domain and registration fees